Our Social Sciences & Humanities Department provides a range of courses that help to build students' understanding of the world. We use current events and hands-on activities to help build students' empathy and character.
What courses can I take in Social Science?
Grade 9: Exploring Family Studies (open)
Grade 10: Food & Nutrition (open)
Grade 11: Understanding Fashion (college)
Grade 11: Raising Healthy Children (open)
Grade 11: Dynamics of Human Relationships (open)
Grade 11: Introduction to Anthropology, Psychology & Sociology (college & university)
Grade 12: Working with School Aged Children & Adolescence (college)
Grade 12: Personal Life Management (open)
Grade 12: The World of Fashion (college/ university)
Grade 12: Challenge & Change in Society (university)
Grade 12: Families in Canada (college)
Why should I take courses in Social Science?
- Allows you to experience some of the interesting subjects offered in the Social Science curriculum such as Fashion, Food & Nutrition, Parenting, Sociology, Psychology and Anthropology.
- Prepares you for a career in Social Sciences.
- Helps you develop essential skills needed to be successful in high school and later life.
- Helps you to meet new friends and develop healthy relationships.
- Allows you to experience success through hands-on activities, assignments & experiential learning opportunities.
What career opportunities are there in Social Sciences?
- Museum Curator
- Product Developer in the food industry
- Social Historian
- Food Services
- Retail Manager
- Police Officer
- Corrections Officer
- Fashion Designer
- Early Childhood Educator
- Fashion Buyer
- Social Worker
- Child & Youth Worker
- Food Inspector
- Human Resources Professional
- International Aid Relief
- Educational Assistant